Termite Inspections Gold Coast
Termites or white ants, as they are sometimes called, are are a significant problem for buildings in the subtropical Gold Coast region. They can discretely do devastating damage that often only becomes apparent once the damage is severe enough to have been accidentally discovered, typically by vacuum cleaners going through skirting boards or hands through door or window frames.
You can reduce your risk of extensive termite damage by having regular termite inspections.
Australian Standards recommend a minimum of annual termite inspections, however if you are in a high risk area then you should consider preventative options such as Termite Monitoring and Baiting or a Chemical Termite Barrier, which will also enable you to be eligible for various termite warranties or termite insurance options for more peace of mind.
Our professional Pest Management Technicians conduct a thorough visual Termite Inspection in accordance with Australian Standards by inspecting all accessible areas of the property including:
Our Technicians conduct their Termite Inspections using the most modern termite detection equipment available, such as the Termatrac T3i, Thermal Imaging, Moisture Meters and Borescopes.
Following your Termite Inspection, our Technician will discuss their findings with you and highlight any problems, areas of concern or conducive conditions. We will then email you a digital Termite Inspection Report within 24 hours, in an easy to read format, with a detailed analysis, including colored photographs, of our findings and if required a separate quote with our recommendations for resolving any termite problems identified.
Termite activity can be treated using a variety of methods including dusting, foaming and baiting. The method of treatment used is dependent upon a number of conditions including the location and type of termites found, the building construction, the season and your budget.
- Termites will require a ready water supply so find and repair any water leaks you may have inside or outside of your home, such as leaking hoses, drains and pipes. Direct run off away from the house.
- Make sure the sub-floor area of your house has good cross-floor ventilation, drainage and access for a Termite Inspection.
- Keep your home well ventilated, including the attic and underneath the house if you live on stumps. This can help to prevent moisture.
- Do not use untreated timbers for garden beds or retaining walls as they may attract termites.
- Do not allow garden beds or paving to cover over weep holes or the external edge of your concrete slab and always allow at least a 50mm inspection zone from the top of the slab.
Have your house regularly inspected for termites and check yourself for any flooring that feels ‘soft’ or solid wood work that sounds hollow when tapped. The earlier termites are detected, the better.
Book a Termite Inspection
All service costs^ shown below are based on an average 3 or 4 bedroom house of up to 40m2, please contact us for service costs for premises of other sizes.
^We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without further notice. However, if you have booked a service, we guarantee the price at the time the service was booked.
^^All warranty periods listed, represent the maximum available periods and serve as a guide only, the actual periods offered are at the discretion of the technician at the time of the service and are based on conducive conditions and environmental factors.